Tonight I made Korean Grilled Chicken Breasts. Delicious. Toddler and husband loved it too.
With it I made Cauliflower Tots and steamed carrots. Little bit of a weird combo but I thought my toddler might like the cauliflower tots… he ate them at least.
Total Calories: 339 Calories
I used this recipe. I added some beef, used white mushrooms, left out the tomato paste and used balsamic vinegar instead of white wine. I thought it was good, hubby seemed to like it, toddler ate a couple noodles and fed the rest to the dogs. The next day hubby told me he didn’t like it and said not to make it again. He also hates mushrooms so maybe that was it? You win some, you lose some.
I would eat it again.
Beef & Mushroom Stroganoff
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 83
Trans Fat 0g
Polyunsaturated Fat 1g
Monounsaturated Fat 3g
Total Carbohydrates 30g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
- 6oz steak, sliced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tbsp unbleached all-purpose flour
- 2 cups beef broth
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 12 white mushrooms
- 1/4 tsp thyme
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1/3 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 2 cups uncooked noodles
- Cook noodles according to package, set aside.
- Brown beef, remove from pan and set aside.
- Melt butter over medium heat and add onions to the pan. Cook 2 - 3 minutes.
- Add flour; stir with a wooden spoon for 30 seconds. Gradually add broth and Worcestershire sauce. Add mushrooms, thyme, salt and pepper; stir and cook 4-5 minutes or until thickened and bubbly, stirring constantly. Add beef.
- Add balsamic; bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer 4 minutes.
- Remove from heat; let stand 30 seconds. Stir in sour cream; add noodles and mix well.
Adapted from skinnytaste.com
Counting Calories – Food, Ideas, Tips, Recipes & More http://countingmycalories.com/