I just kind of made these up while I went along. They turned out great. Very delicious. I served mine with a nice side salad.
You really could adjust this recipe anyway you like. Easily use different crackers or bread, could probably even leave them out. Replace the dressing for a different taste. Next time I would use more chili powder because I hoped they would have a bit of spice to them and they didn’t.
This made two large cakes. You could probably get 3 out of it too and they would still be a decent size.
Baked Tuna Cakes Recipe
1 can light tuna, drained
1/3 cup corn
1/2 stalk celery, minced
1/2 large carrot, minced
1 tbsp green onion, minced
4 original breton crackers, crushed
2 tbsp bolthouse caesar parmigiano
.5 tsp chili powder
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees and line baking sheet with foil.
2. Use food processor to crush crackers, mince celery and carrot. Mix all ingredients together.
3. Form into two large patties.
4. Spray large frying pan with non-stick spray. Play tuna patties into pan and cook over medium heat, a few minutes eat side until golden brown.
5. Place on prepared baking sheet and bake for approx. 10 minutes.
Nutritional Information for Baked Tuna Cakes
per 1 cake
8.4 grams fat
15.4 grams carbohydrates
2.1 grams fiber
22.3 grams protein