I have a tree full of peaches and I am getting bored eating them raw so I made my own version of a cobbler/crisp or whatever you wanna call it. I have been making this with peaches but it could it done with any fruit or any combination of fruit.
- fruit of choice
- butter/margarine (I use light margarine)
- sugar substitute
- pre-heat oven to 375
- cut up fruit of choice – [I have been using 2-4 peaches] and place in oven safe dish and sprinkle with sugar substitute of choice – you may want to add a bit of brown sugar or cinnamon for extra flavour (I usually leave out – save myself the calories)
- mix 1/3 cup oats [I have been using quaker quick oats] with 1tbsp light margarine [you can use butter of your choice) and sugar substitute – mix together and sprinkle evenly over fruit
- bake in over for 45 minutes
- Let cool and enjoy!
Calories are pretty low depending on your ingredients you choose. For how I have been making it I get two servings out of the dish and it works out to about 140-180 calories a serving.
- You could add a couple crumbled low fat graham crackers on top (before or after you bake) to give it more crunch (55 calories for 2).
- You could top with some light cool whip for a nice treat (35 calories per 3tbsp).